We operate through our shared values and commitments:
- Focus on our mission. As a mission-driven company, we are inspired and motivated to accelerate people’s prosperity.
- Empower our community and ourselves. Whether it's making Public's products & services better, or helping people advance their investing strategies, we commit to focusing our energy on what’s most empowering for our community.
- Make it better. We commit to taking stock of the status quo with curiosity and mindfulness, and to acting when things need to be improved.
- Be transparent. We commit to being as transparent as we can with ourselves,our community, and the industry.
The Bottom Line
Public is part of a new wave of apps that finally help break down taboos and let people become more empowered; our focus is on financial wellness and investing literacy. We want Public to be a friendly, safe, and fun place for people to explore and discover the stock market, as well as to share and discuss their investing decisions. In short, to make the stock market more inclusive. Help us foster this community according to our values by respecting others and their posts, maintaining respect in discussing investments and other content, and generally contributing a positive vibe to the community.
Full Community Guidelines
We’re committed to these guidelines and we hope you are too:
- Foster meaningful and genuine interactions, and respect other members of the Public community.
- Help us stay spam-free by not posting repetitive comments or content, or contacting people for commercial purposes without their consent.
- Follow the law and all regulatory requirements.
- We want to foster a positive, diverse community. Public is not a place to support or praise terrorism, organized crime, or hate groups/speech. We have a zero-tolerance policy for any content that contains credible threats or hate speech, content that targets private individuals to degrade or shame them, personal information meant to blackmail or harass someone, and repeated unwanted messages.It's never OK to encourage violence or attack anyone based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, disabilities, or diseases. When hate speech is being shared to challenge it or to raise awareness, we may allow it. In those instances, we ask that you express your intent clearly.
- Serious threats of harm to public and personal safety aren't allowed. This includes specific threats of physical harm as well as threats of theft, vandalism, and other financial harm. We carefully review reports of threats and consider many things when determining whether a threat is credible.
- Be thoughtful when posting newsworthy events or links. We understand that people may use Public to share important and newsworthy events, especially as it relates to economic and business news. While we don’t anticipate it, some of these news items could involve graphic detail. We may remove graphic content to make sure Public stays appropriate for everyone.
Help us keep the community strong:
- Each of us is an important part of the Public community. If you see something that you think may violate our guidelines, please report it by taking a screenshot and contacting the Public support team. When you complete the report, try to provide as much information as possible, such as links, usernames, and descriptions of the content, so we can find and review it quickly.
- You may find content you don’t like, but doesn’t violate the Community Guidelines. If that happens, you can unfollow the person who posted it.
- Many disputes and misunderstandings can be resolved directly between members of the community with a little respect, cool-headedness, and understanding.
- We may work with law enforcement, including but not limited to cases in which we believe that there’s a risk of physical harm or a threat to public safety.
Thank you for helping us create one of the best financial communities in the world, where everyone feels empowered to explore, discover, and share in the stock market together.
– The Public Team